Skin Rejuvenation: Ultherapy®
The aging process has a way of sneaking up on us. While we may eat right, use medical-grade skin care and opt for non-invasive treatments such as chemical peels and photofacials to maintain healthy and youthful skin, there comes a point when a more focused treatment method is required to address the advanced signs of aging such as drooping brows or a sagging jawline.
Until recently, these signs of aging required surgical intervention but advances in non-invasive skin tightening technology have managed to achieve the desired lift that can restore facial contours. Taking up to a month off of work and responsibilities to recover from a surgical procedure is not realistic for many of us – so the role of non-surgical treatments is gaining popularity. Concept Medical patients seeking a treatment that can deliver lifting results without surgery need to look no further than Ultherapy®. Ultherapy® is a next generation skin tightening procedure that non-invasively counteracts the effects of aging that lead to skin laxity.
The signs of aging that an Ultherapy® treatment can address include:
- Laxity that contributes to folds, uneven facial contours and sagging skin
- Softening of static wrinkles and expression lines
- Refines enlarged pores and improves skin texture.
How does Ultherapy® work?
Ultherapy® uses focused ultrasound combined with imaging technology to target the skin’s foundational layer that is typically accessed during facial cosmetic surgery, without disrupting the skin’s surface. Some features that set Ultherapy® apart from other skin tightening technology include:
- The ability to treat to depths in the skin unparalleled by any other non-invasive cosmetic device
- Ultrasound imaging allows the practitioner to see the dermis, the subdermal tissue and the SMAS (superficial muscular aponeurotic system) layer where the collagen stimulating energy is being delivered. The ability to see the tissue that is being targeted enhances the efficacy, precision and safety of the treatment;
- The combination of delivering ultrasound energy and heat into the skin results in both a lifting and tightening effect
- Ultherapy® is the first non-surgical device to receive FDA clearance for lifting the brow, chin and neck. Recently, Ultherapy® was FDA-cleared to improve lines and wrinkles on the décolleté.
Can Ultherapy replace surgery?
Ultherapy® is an excellent treatment option for patients that wish to delay the signs of aging due to skin laxity, patients who are not ready for surgery or those who wish to extend the benefits of a cosmetic surgical procedure. Ultherapy® addresses the same foundational tissue that is tightened during a facelift procedure, but it does not duplicate the results of a facelift procedure.
How is collagen regeneration stimulated by Ultherapy®?
The ultrasound energy delivers heat into the depths of the skin at the temperature that is optimal to stimulate collagen synthesis. The treatment activates a natural process known as neocollagenesis. Healthy, rejuvenated and plentiful connective tissue in the dermis yields lifted, toned and tightened skin.
Is Ultherapy right for you?
In as little as one hour-long session, Ultherapy® can significantly reduce the signs of aging due to volume loss. The results from an Ultherapy® treatment develop over a 2-3 month period as your skin’s new collagen is synthesized. To find out if Ultherapy® is right for you, Concept Medical welcomes you to book a professional consultation. Contact us today or request your appointment online.