About Dr. Samuel Hetz
Dr. Hetz completed his undergraduate science degree (BSc) at the University of Ottawa in Human Kinetics followed by a Master’s of Science degree (MSc) at Queen’s University. He then completed his Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) from the University of Toronto, winning the prestigious national CFPC Medical Student Scholarship for the University of Toronto.
Following his medical degree, he pursued his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Ottawa (CCFP) where he was awarded the Family Medicine Leadership Award for the University of Ottawa. In 2015, he obtained the highest mark in his class on his residency licensing exam at the University of Ottawa.
Following his residency, he completed a fellowship in primary care skin conditions and office-based surgical procedures training with physicians in Canada and the United States. Following this, Dr. Hetz was granted a GP Focused Practice Designation in Dermatology from the Ontario Medical Association and Ministry of Health which is awarded to a handful of physicians in Ontario. Dr. Hetz joined Concept Medical as a resident in 2013, and became the owner and medical director in 2016.
Dr. Hetz has undergone extensive training in primary care dermatology and aesthetic medicine, including Botox Cosmetic®, Belkyra®, soft tissue filler treatments, as well as the delivery of energy-based technologies. He is also highly experienced in advanced treatments for conditions such as chronic migraine, blepharospasm, Bell’s palsy, and hyperhidrosis.
Dr. Hetz currently holds an academic appointment with the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ottawa where he regularly lectures and teaches both medical students and residents.
Dr. Hetz is the recipient of numerous nationally recognized academic and leadership awards, has published numerous papers in peer-reviewed medical journals, and regularly presents at national conferences. In 2021, Dr. Hetz was awarded one of the prestigious Forty Under 40 Awards from the Ottawa Business Journal and the Ottawa Board of Trade.
Memberships and Affiliations
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- GP Focused Practice Designation in Dermatology (GPDerm)
- Primary Care Dermatology Society of Canada (PCDSC)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine (CAAM)
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Faculty Member & Lecturer, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine
- Esthetics/Spa Program Advisory Committee (PAC), Algonquin College
- Forty Under 40, Ottawa Business Journal & Ottawa Board of Trade